[IP] Refurbished MM 508

The refurbished MM508 I received late Wednesday has a problem. Tech support has diagnosed a faulty lead screw. I've been advised not to use the machine.

I live in Canada and my country seems to present servicing problems for MM.  The techie I spoke with said she would  have MM's "International Department" call me tomorrow to arrange another exchange.  She told me the "International Department" didn't work on weekends/holidays. There is a minimum 2 day  time frame for Canada (3 days in my MM exchange last week).

My question is for pumpers outside the U.S., and pumpers  currently on Canadian soil, in particular.  Has anyone been able to arrange a loaner pump with the MM representative in the country their pump broke down?

I now have the direct line for MM's International Dept.(1-818-576-5636 or call 1-826-2099, ext. 5636) although I was told they work regular hours.

I also have a number for a Canadian representative (the closest to me) who is 3 western provinces away.  I'll call her in the morning to see if she can send me a loaner.

Rather frustrated and disconnected,