[IP] Changing Sites and Low Blood Sugars

I have a friend who started on the pump about six months ago.  She has
been having a problem with low blood sugars when she changes her site.
She is using a Minimed 508.  She has been changing her site in the
morning (around 7-7:30 a.m.) and then have lows about two hours after.

When I asked her about priming her pump, she said that she had not been
taught to do that.  Still, it seemed like failing to prime would result
in higher not lower blood sugars.

The only other contributor that I could identify is her basal rates.
She has just one basal rate of .8 units per hour.  It seemed like that
could be a little high for an all day basal rate.  Still, it seemed to
me that it should create a problem on an ongoing basis not just when she
changed her infusion site.

She had a pretty bad reaction a couple of weeks ago and would really
appreciate any help folks could offer.  Thanks...