[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #576 re: animals and diabetes

HI gang

I am one of those animal lovers and a diabetic only I
have a diabetic cat that must get insulin twice a day.
 He is pretty good about his shots most of the time
but then he will go and hide at times,  I used to gove
the shot when he was eating but a couple of bouts of
hypoglycemia because he refused to eat his meal
changed our routine.  I have to watch him, too,
because he may vomit after a meal and then I have to
watch him and put Karo in his mouth and call the vet
for help.

I went on a pump this year after 20+ years of shots
and they will have to hold me down and rip it off my
body.  I had a terrible time with my insurace company
who originally told me, the pharmacy, trainer, doctor
and pump company it was covered 100% and then 2 months
later said they made a mistake and it was not covered
and I would have to pay $206 a month rental for 15
months.  Fought them all the way to the state
insurance commissioner and it is now covered 100%.  I
would not have been able to afford this wonderful
freedom if I had to pay $206 a month.

Ivy Randel pumping since Feb. with a Dana II

Do You Yahoo!?