[IP] Minimed 508 Problems with Refurbished pump! Help?!

This is not MM bashing, this is for others who may have had this problem....
My first replacement pump is acting up--the door flew open and I didn't open
it, and now the Luer neck lever is very badly flapping in the breeze.  I got
them to send me a second refurbished pump (will be here Tuesday) but my
question is this--why did the tech rep tell me not to expect a perfect luer
neck lever in the next refurbished pump?  He said they come in varying degrees
of looseness and there is no guarantee that the next one will be any better!
He asked how loose this one is, and I said I can hear the thing moving back
and forth when I walk (rattling.)  So has anyone ever heard of this before, or
is this guy just overworked for a holiday weekend?

Truly this is the kind of thing that bothers me about this $5000 piece of