[IP] Re: Neuropathy and medications?

Hello Kelley and others,

Try the Butcher's Broom... I prefer natural medications instead of
various pills... :0)
Please read a letter I got from another diabetic the other day:

"I am a type II and for my feet I use the Herb
Butcher's Broom which I have been using for a year for
two reasons.
Problems with my legs and feet...(they are in perfect
working order now) and I had diabetic retinaophy,  my
left eye was blind because of the bleeding.. A year
ago I could not b lasered as their was to much
bleeding.  I have had in the last five months about
six laser treatments because the bleeding subsided to
a point where the eye doctor was able to laser the
eye, I believe the herb was the main indigrident which
slowed the bleeding and thus was able to have the
laser surgery, I can see from that eye today.

Within two weeks after starting using the herb,  my
feet felt like when I was 21. No stiefness, and No

There are many web-sites about butchers broom and
below is an excerpt from one of them....

all the best

Butchers Broom

Latin Name: Ruscus aculeatus

Alternate Names: Box Holly, Kneeholm, Kneeholy, Sweet
Broom, Pettigree, Jews Myrtle

Parts Used: Rhizome, above ground portion.

Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Diaphoretic, Diuretic,
Febrifuge, Laxative, Vasoconstrictor.

Internal Uses: Capillary Weakness, Chilblains,
Diabetic Retinopathy, Dysmenorrhea, Edema, Frostbite,
Gout, Hot Flashes, Jaundice, Phlebitis, Retinal
Bleeding, Varicose Veins

Internal Applications: Tea, Tincture, Capsules.

Topical Uses: Hemorrhoids, Varicose Veins

Topical Applications: Ointment or suppository for
hemorrhoids. Salve for varicose veins.

Culinary uses: Young shoots are edible. Cook like

Chemical Constituents: Saponin glycoside (ruscogenin,
neoruscogenin), resin, potassium salts.

Contraindications: Avoid in cases of hypertension.

Comments: Butcher's broom can be taken before surgery
to prevent thrombosis. The plant has bright red
berries. Butcher's Broom was once used to clean
butcher's blocks, decorate meat for festivities and
prevent vermin

Please let me know if there were improvements.
Take care,