Re: [IP] Re: high bs vs. low bs

In a message dated 9/28/2001 11:29:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> This will sound like heresy, but I want to throw it out there anyway.
> In my 47 years of diabetes, I can honestly say that when I've felt the most
> rotten is when my bs is too low.  At 300 or 400, I feel just fine.  At 85,
> however, I feel like sh**t.  Now, of course I know the "better" number is
> 85, but please someone tell my body that.  Now, with the pump, the 300s and
> 400s are very few, if any, but I continue to despise low bs as much as
> ever.  Given the choice between 85 and 170, I will choose 170, because I
> will feel GREAT.  Are the high bs causing complications and shortening my
> life? OF COURSE THEY ARE.  But there is the issue of quality of life.  When
> I am low, I just want to lie down - not that I do, because I work
> full-time.  When I am high I can carry on normally.
> Is there anyone else with my lopsided view of blood sugars?
> Regards to all,
> Barbara

Hi, I have the same situation. I feel great when my bloodsugars are on the
higher side rather than thw low. I am 28 and when my sugars run in the
200-250 range I am hyper! I get so much done when I have this happen. I don't
quite understand this. When my sugars are low I feel like napping. I usually
like my sugars in the 140 range and I shoot for that as a good range. As long
as they are below 200 I am happy and my A1C's have been good.

Heather W.