[IP] Katie's 1st Pumpin' A1c

Thursday was the day for Katie's first endo visit since she started pumping
on June 1st.  Her A1c on the day she started pumping was 7.6 (with normal
non-diabetic range for this test being 4.2 to 6.2), and her best had been 7.5
(after it being 15.0 when she was diagnosed last November).  Today, we are
doing the happy dance because her A1c was 6.1 -- Yipppeeeeeeeeee!!!!

(and, yes, Michael, I already updated our profile on the IP web site!)

Thanks to all of you pumpers here at IP and thanks to Michael for creating
and operating this site -- without everything we learned here, we wouldn't
have had the conviction to challenge her first endo's pronouncement that he
saw abolutely NO benefit to Katie goiong on a pump until she was a teenager,
AND we wouldn't have had such a smooth pump start (and such an incredible
improvement in her quality of life and quality of control) !!!!!

A VERY happy PumpMama to Katie (age 10), pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis"
since 6-1-01