Re: [IP] non responding highs

 Sue,
I HAVE A SERIES OF MEASUREMENTS AT 1HR AND 2 HRS. At 1hr 60-80% is used. I
always measure after 1 hr and adjust the insulin to bring the BS into the
120BS range. I don't understand the difference between what you are saying and
my experience. It may be the difference between people. I used homolog U100.
Take Care
Richard

----- Don't forget that humalog is absorbed at 30% per hour too, so after 1
hour you
will still have
70% of the initial dose unused. So you probably don't want to take another
bolus
after only 1
hour has passed. You have to give it some time to pull down the glucose
level.
After 1 hour, you should observe the glucose dropping but it wont necessarily
be
at the target you were aiming for.

If you take 4.5 units,
30% of 4.5 units is 1.35 units, that gets used per hour.

So if you inject 4.5 units at 2 PM:

2 PM you have 4.5 units of unused insulin
3 PM  you have 3.15 units
4 PM  you have 1.80 units
5 PM  you have .45 units
6 PM none of the initial dose would be left.

This is only for **humalog** .  Regular has a different absorption rate.