[IP] more newbie questions - fingers

To the person with the sore fingers - I exercise quite a bit and test quite a
lot.  When I first started the pump I tested 12 to 15 times per day for many
months and now 6 to 12 times per day depending on my activity level.  My
fingers developed callouses during the first few months but have been getting
better lately.  The best thing I have found is "Formulated for Fingers Skin
Cream".   It is made with Australian Tea Tree Oil.  It is distributed by
Can-Am Care Corp.  Phone number of 1-800-461-7448.  I got samples of it at a
diabetes seminar once and found it really worked good to soften the fingers
and help them heal.  It does have a strange smell when you use it but it goes
away real fast.   I couldn't find it anywhere so my local pharmacy ordered it
for me.  It is a 4 oz bottle for $7.59.  You don't need to use very much so
the bottle will last a very long time.  Good luck with your diabetes and just
know that it WILL get better on a pump and eventually you will get all basals
right and won't have to test so much.  My only regret about the pump is not
getting it sooner!
Trish