[IP] A question for a friend

Hello all,
  A friend of mine has a daughter who has had this rash on her foot.  It has
slowly worked it's way up both legs to her knees.  The doctor tells her it
could be a precursor to diabetes & he has ordered a biopsy.  Has anyone ever
heard of such a thing?  It didn't sound right to me.  So I told my friend I
would ask this group & my diabetes educator to see if anyone has ever heard
of this happening.
Thank you:-)
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping