[IP] Re: Surgery and pumping

In a message dated 9/27/01 4:51:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  > The endo will also request that they DON'T run glucose through her
 > IV unless necessary to raise her BG level at some point.  Glucose in
 > the IV fluid is standard procedure at SOME hospitals, but not all,

I guess it depends on your size and the rate of IV infusion, but during
Claire's surgery the glucose in the IV amounted to 3 carbs per hour---not a
huge amount.  But of course over many hours it does add up.  But easily
accounted for if you keep your pump running.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7