[IP] daunted by opportunity...

So I bought the pumping insulin book over a month ago
and I haven't made it past the first chapter. I'm so
intimidated by the degree of control one has with the
pump and the responsibility that comes with it. Since
I went on the pump in May, I've thrown away the
starting basal rates and insulin/carb ratio my doc
gave me which means I'm finding my own way gradually.
But I'm a little lost, because I don't have any method
to my bolusing - just eating sort of the same things
when I can, which sort of works. I know my BG's are
better than on MDI, but I can't seem to inspire myself
to truly take advantage of the pump and figure out
correction boluses, and other equations so many of you
use. Does anyone feel this way? I've always avoided
involving my endo, because the choice I make in how
much insulin to take is ultimately made by me
according to exercise and food on a day to day basis.
Thanks for letting me rant, if anything.

Do You Yahoo!?