[IP] Rash from the tape

Hi there,
  We just did our first site change.  We did it for the school nurse since
she was interested in how it is done.  She was very impressed.  She said she
couldn't believe it was our first site change.  It looked like we had been
doing it for years *smile*  Yes I am patting myself on the back:-) LOL
Anyway I noticed that there is a small rash where the tape was.  Is there
anyway to avoid this???
  Also what are we supposed to do with the old site.  Should we put a bandaid
on it or neosporine???  I felt wierd just leaving it.  I did clean it off
really good but, then was not sure what to do with it.
  I also wanted to tell you how thrilled I am with the pump.  Already just
after 3 days we are seeing such a big change in Ashleys numbers & she already
feels so much better.  She has been going low in the afternoon & high during
the night so we have programed in 5 different basal rates.  That to me is
just so amazing!!!!  I have not got much sleep these past 3 nights but, it is
so worth it!!!  I know that once the fine tuning is done I can sleep again.
LOL  I am just so happy to finally be pumping & working toward good health
for my Ashley!!!  That to me is so very Awesome!!!!
  I wanted to thank everyone here for teaching me so much & getting me ready
for pumping!!!
 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping