Re: [IP] Surgery & Pumping (long)

In a message dated 9/27/01 11:51:38 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< > The endo will also request that they DON'T run glucose through her
 > IV unless necessary to raise her BG level at some point.  >>

When I had surgery last summer, I noted that the anesthesiologist was about
to hang 5 percent dextrose. I told him I didn't need that. He explained that,
since I was on a pump, I did, too. "Your pump is going to give you insulin
for your breakfast and you didn't have breakfast," he said. I was in the
middle of explaining to him how pumps REALLY work -- and the next thing I
know, I was back in my room, rolling over into my bed. High.

Anesthesiologists have ways to shut you up. :-(

Jan and Elvis