Re: [IP] Low Salt Diet?

>does anybody know of a place to find good recipes?  Also any hints
> on what is an acceptable level of sodium in foods
Try the American Heart Association, they have a website but I'm not sure of
the address.
Jan's comments are right on track.  Usually low sodium is achievable simple
by not adding salt to prepared foods, niether in the reheating process nor
at the table.  The trick to making it 'taste' as good as before is to
increase the other flavors in the dish.  So, fresh vegggies, use more herbs
to perk up the flavor, no salt consummi, etc.
FYI, if can be done, my Grandmother changed her cooking stlye to keep
Grandpa alive.  35y ago, we didn't have the great drugs we have today, and a
lot depended on diet.  Well the first 6 months of the conversion were pure
torture, but eventually we were all eating low sodium/low fat, and now
knowing the difference.
Good Luck!

Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
DCCT Control Group, MM507