[IP] Re: Neuropathy & meds / living *up to* standards

> Subject: [IP] Neuropathy and medications?
> I am sure there are many of you out there dealing with neuropathy.  Can
any of
> you share with me what it is (if anything) you take for it?   I have tried
> few medications and am not having luck with anything.  I have tried
> Zoloft, and now Remeron.  All of them have had side effects that are
harder to
> deal with than the neuropathy.   But I have to find something to work as
> pain in my toes is excruciating at night.
> Kelley in KS

It was about 23 years ago and the meds for neuropathy (like Neurontin ?)
were not developed yet, but I thought I was headed for certain amputation of
both feet. The pain was so bad I took naps to escape it. The endo tried
Elavil, Motrin, Feldene and they didn't help. He then Rx'd Dilantin, the
medication for those with epilepsy that causes the blood to flow to the
brain to prevent seizures. Well, like aspirin that doesn't know it's
supposed to alleviate a headache or sprained ankle pain, it also open the
vessels to my feet. In addition to 4 Dilantin a day, I was Rx'd 300 mg. of
Vit. B6. This helped immensely and did not put me to sleep like the other
meds.  After a few years I cut back to 3 D a day, then awhile later tried it
on 2. Later I went to one, then one every other day and weaned myself off of
it. I take one 100 mg. B6 a day as well as a B100 complex making it 200 mg.
of B6. I attribute much of this also to starting pumping 18 years ago.

I do hope you find something to give you relief. Keep trying. This is what
helped me and is only another suggestion that your dr. may find useful. YMMV

DISCLAIMER:  This information is not intended to substitute for informed
medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a
health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified health care

> Why would your ss check be late?  Just because you are having a tx has
> nothing to do w/your receiving your checks...
> Good luck and keep me posted...
> Kathy Bruckmeyer

There was this *incident* in NYC, Pentagon, and PA that halted lots of
airplanes. It came today with *Delivery for Sept. 26* on it. I was told
they'd come the 25th.

Jan (~_^)

SUBJECT: living *up to* standards

> The reason his fiscular thing didn't take was that the dr. (surgeon) had
> told him not to use the arm, don't exercise it, etc. but he needed just
> opposite for it to fuse and take.....

I still don't know if I'll get a fistula or a graft. I'm going to call
tomorrow since Monday neph said they'd *push it through* due to the ins.
situation. I *believe* if my hugsband works a day in October (Monday) he'll
have ins. through October.

> We were suprised that my brother got called so quickly, just over 6
> months....

I'm on a support group list (2 yrs) for tx similar to this list and one gal
left the hospital from getting a beeper and didn't even get home - had to
turn around and go back for the tx. That's a quick turnaround (pardon the

> Again, didn't mean to bum you out...
> Kathy Bruckmeyer

I have to be put sleep for drs. to fix me. I do not want to know what/how
they are doing stuff to me. It's gory and I have gone through 12 surgeries
through the past 51 yrs (in 6 more wks) - actually starting with the large
tumor at age 18 - and expect a lot more stuff to happen. I have a dear
friend who tried to describe the vitrectomy they did to me and I plugged my
ears and sang. Her dh finally told her to STOP!  These things are all
supposed to happen to other people. I looked in the mirror and what did I
see? Other people! (~_^)

If I had known I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of myself -
Mark Twain