RE: [IP] Re: IP] Living *up to* statistics

It depends on the hospital doing the tx.  We live in New Port Richey FL and
the nearest transplant hospital is in Tampa.  However, they only do kidney
tx and so we checked everywhere else and the next closest one was Shands in
Gainsville FL but the ins. wouldn't let him go there...he had to go to

No, the tx coordinator will basically take care of the kidney tx if that's
what you are planning to go in for.  have you spoken w/her and told her you
might be interested in having a double tx?

If your hospital does both, that is great.  My brother was on list for more
than a year when he finally got the ok to have both done and then had to go
to Miami to have more tests done and then had to wait more than six months
to get called for down there.

Why would your ss check be late?  Just because you are having a tx has
nothing to do w/your receiving your checks...

Good luck and keep me posted...

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00