[IP] Medicare and kidney failure

Jan, Once you start on dialysis, after 3 months you are eligible for Medicare
and the dialysis unit will need to send a form to SS and then they will
contact you for an interview.  It starts on the 1st day of the 3rd month you
are on dialysis.  I tried and tried to call them to see when I would be
getting it and got nothing but the run around and had to talk to the social
worker at my unit and she filled the form out and sent it in and I was
covered on October 1, and started on dialysis on July 8th.

I hope this helps.