In a message dated 9/26/2001 5:29:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Our COBRA rate is just my my spouse and myself and it is $523 - and they
> messed up the paperwork - so all of our july/aug bills went unpaid - we
> have
> now moved, and are on the new insurance - but we still had to do the COBRA
> paperwork, send the bucks, so that those bills get paid - and so that we
> aren't charged with a break in coverage.  It would have been cheaper just
> pay the bills.  Grrrr - my husband only resigned A YEAR in advance - and
> they
> couldn't get his paperwork done until he had been gone for 2 months.
> Linda & DAx

I always have a problem with COBRA having a lapse in coverage. I think it's
because they wait for a couple of weeks to even send my paperwork out after I
have been laid off from my job. By the time they recieve my payment they have
already canceled everything. my job is a seasonal job and I have to deal with
this every year.
Heather W.