Re: [IP] pinch an inch?

In a message dated 9/26/2001 8:15:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I though that you were not supposed to pinch. When I first started pumping I
> was using the soft sets with the larger needle (I think it's the .9mm) and I
> was pinching. The cannula kept getting bent. I moved to the shorted needle
> and less problems but still some bending. Finally the minimed tech came to
> my work to watch me do a set change and when she saw me pinching, she
> indicated that was the problem. Since then I do not have any bending at all.
> Is this typical or are more people pinching than not?
> --
> Amy B. Anderson

Hi, I use the soft-serter to insert the soft set infusion set and do not
pinch and I never have any problems. I don't think you need to pinch when
using the inserter. I think wohoever said that was talking about another kind
of infusion set.
Heather W.