Re: [IP] Pregnancy!!

Congratulations!!! I did it successfully 10 years ago, without the pump, but
with the help of a great team of physicians and nurses. I was religious with
my diet and at the time took NPH and Regular insulins. I wasn't in the best
of control before getting pregnant so I consider myself extremely lucky. My
daughter was delivered one month premature and was not a large baby as people
seem to think (5 lbs. 6 ozs). I was told the gestational diabetics have large
babies, but chronic diabetics have smaller babies. They had to take her via
"forced vaginal delivery" because I developed toxemia and super high blood
pressures. I was not a good risk for c-section as I had had a heart attack 3
years earlier. Fortunately, all went well and she is still healthy to this
day. I fear she will develop diabetes, but was told she would have a 30%
chance, Prepare yourself, the baby will make demands on your body so it is
very important to  keep constant track of your blood sugars, eat regularly
and rest.

It can be done!! God Bless and Best Wishes.