[IP] Jenn's pump update and latest A1C (be very afraid!)

Hi All,

Had an appointment with my endo and CDE this morning.  Endo was horrified at
what insurance is putting me through (they've questioned every single
prescription I have lately, and flat out refused to give me one of them).
He printed out pages and pages of his notes from past appointments, copies
of bg's dating back to February, and wrote a new prescription for a pump.
(He and the CDE are going to try bombarding them with paper.  They said its
worked for them before.)

I also found out why they only recommended the MiniMed508 for me.  Its the
only one that vibrates, and since I am deaf, that's pretty much what I'm
limited to.

Now, my A1C's came back from my last appointment in June - 14.9.  Scary,
huh?  The CDE was wondering how I'm walking around and functioning.  Heavy
sigh.  Its pretty obvious now that that Lantus is doing absolutely nothing
for me.  Endo told me to stop taking that and gave me new scrips for Lente.
He figured it isn't going to be any worse, and Lente is less expensive, and
insurance might not hassle me as much.

The war's not quite over yet!  I'm still trying.

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted