Re: [IP] pinch an inch? and more

Hi all,
Just for some refresher info related only to the Sof-sets, especially as
many have had CDE's teach the "pinch an inch" when using a Sof-serter.
The written directions with the Sof-set do not indicate "pinching an inch"
if you use a Sof-serter (drawing shows pushing Sof-serter into a cushy abdo
area), but if you do a manual insertion, then "pinch an inch" and be sure to
insert at a 90 degree angle.  There's also the advice that "people with
small amounts of subcutanous fat may not be able to use the Sof-set because
the cannula will be placed in the underlying muscle layer and cause reduced
or blocked medication delivery.  The Sof-set Micro (MMT-320, MMT-321) has
been designed for people with less body fat."  I also vaguely remember
reading that persons without a lot of subq fat may need to "pinch an inch"
though I'll be darned if I can find where I read it.
Hubby's been lucky, he can use the long Sof-set, and thus far things have
gone great since he stopped "pinching an inch" as he was taught.  Prior, had
2 instances of a bent cannula.
Wish I could spend more time with all of you.  Hubby's doing so great on the
pump even with 2 hospitalizations and bouts of not being able to eat
adequately.  I hate to think what would be happening if he were still on
shots with intermediate acting insulin.....
To all the new members "Hi" and it's nice to see so many young ones using
Cherry, Go For It!!  Would suggest set a weekly goal, even break down
something you want into smaller goals to cover several weeks, and stick to
it.  Don't overdo, please.  Ya got a lifetime ahead of you now, girl!!

Marj; Mike; and "Ace, the PP" (portable pancreas)