[IP] RE: Need some help...Where men wear the pump

Hi, David.

I pulled the threads to create a hole about 1/2 inch wide in the bottom
corner of the front left pocket of all my pants and jeans.  I slide the
tubing through the hole and rest the pump there in my pocket.  I connect the
tubing to the infusion set by pulling it up my pant leg, and sometimes tuck
a loop of the tubing into the waistband of my shorts to create a little
slack near the infusion set.

It works fine for me.  I'm often able to feel the buttons through my
trousers well enough to do what's called an "audio bolus" with my Minimed
508.  (Actually, it vibrates, so no one has to hear many beeps.)  It's easy
to slip the pump out of the pocket far enough to read it without showing the
tubing if I don't want to.  Everyone thinks its a beeper.