Re: [IP] Large needles

In a message dated 9/25/2001 5:26:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hey everybody.  I have been reading and posting for a few months now while
> in
> the decision process of an insulin pump.  Well, yesterday my Minimed 508
> arrived.  (I go to my endo for my first training next Tuesday).  As I
> unpacked everything and started to look through all of the stuff in the
> box,
> I was a bit intimidated by the infusion sets they sent me.  I got 4 big
> boxes
> of the soft-sets (I guess that's what they're called...the kind with the
> short bit of tube before the disconnect)  The needles on those suckers look
> HUGE to me!  I have been using short insulin syringes and insulin pens for
> quite a while now, and compared to those, the needles on the infusion sets
> look much bigger.  Is there another size to those things?  Or do I just
> have
> to grin and bare it?
> Somebody help me here!!
> Thanks,
> Matt in NC

I did the exact same thing when I recieved everything. I was also intimidated
but everything will be fine. Those needles look worse than they really are.
When you use the soft serter you can barely feel a thing. I still get a
little nervouse when I do my changes but I don't know why. Most of the time I
can't feel anything. I am sure you will love the pump and the needles won't
even be an issue when you get started. Believe me it looks alot worse than it
is! Good Luck. Heather W. email @ redacted