Re: [IP] Keeping infusion sets in

In a message dated 9/25/2001 12:41:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Everyone keeps talking about their sets coming out but I've never had one
> even
> come close to coming out.  I first wipe the area with an IV prep swab.
> Then,
> when that is dry, I place the clear tape with hole on my skin.  Next, I
> insert
> the needle with the Sof-serter into the hole and place the 2nd tape with
> hole
> over the needle.  Then, I twist and remove the needle and then cover the
> whole
> thing with an IV3000 tape.  It's worked perfect, never coming loose at all.
> Am I just blessed with sure-stick skin or are y'all doing something
> different.
> BTW, I have very sensitive skin but have never had any infections, soreness,
> or redness (slight pink when first removing the old tape - lasts a few
> hours).
> I always change the site after 3-4 days, usually 4 days.  Hope this helps
> someone.
> Sharon

The only time I had trouble with the set coming out was in the summer when I
was swimming. Other than that I have no problems. I was having my skin get
all itchy when I was using the pre-prep wipes so I just use alchohal wipes to
wipe the site before insertion then I seal the tape with it and it works
Heather W.