Re: [IP] Re: Pump & Weight Loss

Hello - well I can give a view from the other side of
the coin - I am using an insulin pump (and loving
it!!) - but I am also a paramedic - so I do lots of
what we call "diabetic-wake-ups" - and truthfully most
people, after they get their sugar level up - do not
come with us to the hospital....unless they start
vomiting - then there is no choice :)
I also know that in the ER they do not really carehow
high your sugars rise - they want your liver and
muscles to build up a storage of glucose...hence the
dextrose drip....but leaves you in a bind for the rest
of the day eh!

There has only been once in my career where I had to
glucose - but I have also never had a patient on an
insulin pump!! I have however had quite a few patients
on an inhaled insulin study in this area - so those
drives to the hospital are always filled with many
many questions from myself on this new-ish technology.

I hope all works out for you - good luck!!

Andrea Marshall
email @ redacted