[IP] Re: We are back & pumping

In a message dated 9/26/2001 7:13:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hi Kim and welcome back
>     Well in 3 weeks Claire will have been pumping six months, but I sure do
> remember how thrilled I was to have her start!!  It took one and a half
> years
> of effort and an overseas move, but was well worth it.  I am still so
> thrilled.  Cleaning up some stuff today, I found her log book that covered
> the last couple of pre-pump weeks.  In the week before pump start, she only
> had a couple of bgs in her target range.  A few too low (under 75), but
> most
> way too high (over 300).  No wonder she felt so lousy.  Now we can have
> days
> on end of great bgs.  Our nights are still a bit of a problem, no set
> pattern
> to the basal requirements, but whatever the morning number is, it becomes a
> perfect one within a couple of hours.
>     You may have some ups and downs with Ashley, but perhaps not.  In any
> case, your life has just changed for the better.
> Happy pumping!

Hi Barbara,
It always makes me feel good to talk to someone who still likes pumping.
That really gives me alot of hope for Ashley.  Some people actually give up
when it gets too hard. That blows me away!!!  I will do whatever it takes to
make this work for Ashley.   The most important thing is her health.  I am
just so thrilled to finally be at this point!!!  Thanx for writing Barb & for
the welcome back:-)

  Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping