[IP] Re: Bad insulin

Because this topic comes up on this list now and again, when filling Claire's
Rx the other day I asked the pharmacist if he had ever had a case of insulin
being bad.  He said there was one case three years ago, he has quite a busy
pharmacy and has owned it for 10 years.  But perhaps he isn't always told
about something like this.
    He did say if insulin was bad that Lilly would have to be notified
immediately  (might want to recall the whole batch).

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7

<<  I realized I opened a new bottle of insulin on
 Friday Night, and that's when we started having problems.  Upon opening
 another bottle, and correcting her , she began to drop within 45 minutes.
 Well, our day has been great.  Right in range since 11:00 this morning.  It
 must have been the insulin.  Has this ever happened to anyone before.
 I notify Lilly about this, the expiration date is 2003.  I keep it
 Thanks for input >>