[IP] Re: We are back and pumping

In a message dated 9/25/01 10:46:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<My daughter Ashley is  10 years old & has had diabetes type 1 for 5 years.
We finally just started
 pumping yesterday.  I can't tell you how excited I am.  Yes even after a
 sleepless night. LOL  I know that many of you at least understand how
 thrilled I am to finally have my daughter pumping.   >>

Hi Kim and welcome back
    Well in 3 weeks Claire will have been pumping six months, but I sure do
remember how thrilled I was to have her start!!  It took one and a half years
of effort and an overseas move, but was well worth it.  I am still so
thrilled.  Cleaning up some stuff today, I found her log book that covered
the last couple of pre-pump weeks.  In the week before pump start, she only
had a couple of bgs in her target range.  A few too low (under 75), but most
way too high (over 300).  No wonder she felt so lousy.  Now we can have days
on end of great bgs.  Our nights are still a bit of a problem, no set pattern
to the basal requirements, but whatever the morning number is, it becomes a
perfect one within a couple of hours.
    You may have some ups and downs with Ashley, but perhaps not.  In any
case, your life has just changed for the better.

Happy pumping!
Barbara, Mum of Claire 7