[IP] Large needles

Hey everybody.  I have been reading and posting for a few months now while in
the decision process of an insulin pump.  Well, yesterday my Minimed 508
arrived.  (I go to my endo for my first training next Tuesday).  As I
unpacked everything and started to look through all of the stuff in the box,
I was a bit intimidated by the infusion sets they sent me.  I got 4 big boxes
of the soft-sets (I guess that's what they're called...the kind with the
short bit of tube before the disconnect)  The needles on those suckers look
HUGE to me!  I have been using short insulin syringes and insulin pens for
quite a while now, and compared to those, the needles on the infusion sets
look much bigger.  Is there another size to those things?  Or do I just have
to grin and bare it?

Somebody help me here!!

Matt in NC