[IP] Fwd: Bad Insulin?

How are you?
From: email @ redacted
Full-name: DoBe001
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:03:10 EDT
Subject: Bad Insulin?
To: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

How are you?
We have been pumping for about 6 months now and it's going great.  We had a
great week last week until friday night.  My daughter's BG's started running
high,   Around 200  to 300.  At first I thought she was fighting a bug, Then
by saturday morning we changed her site, (looked great, not even pink)  still
remained high all day and night,  changed out tubing changed Cartridge,
sunday morning changed perfectly good site again.  Started thinking a growth
spurt maybe, she's 11 so we started to change basals..  On Monday changed
everything out again, did every troubleshooting possible, still aroung 200 to
250.  This morning Dah!  I realized I opened a new bottle of insulin on
Friday Night, and that's when we started having problems.  Upon opening
another bottle, and correcting her , she began to drop within 45 minutes.
Well, our day has been great.  Right in range since 11:00 this morning.  It
must have been the insulin.  Has this ever happened to anyone before.  Should
I notify Lilly about this, the expiration date is 2003.  I keep it
Thanks for input