Re: [IP] GlucoWatch

Sue Kinzelman <email @ redacted> wrote:

> I have heard that the FDA did not want to release the continuous gluco
sensor to
> diabetics
> because the FDA "didn't trust them with it... " like a person with
> cannot handle checking his blood glucose.

The reason for the delay is not because the FDA doesn't trust diabetics.
Cygnus has been having difficulty demonstrating that interstitial fluid (IF)
glucose is sufficiently close to blood glucose, and that the lag time isn't
too great.

The pediatric issues concern the differences between and adult's and a
child's skin - whether the movement of IF is the same, and whether the
possibility of irritation is the same.

Jim Handsfield