[IP] Checking sugars too often?

I'm sorry, but I think your doctor is an absolute idiot!
1.  BG usually is closer to normal relative to the number of times one
checks it.  I check mine 6-8 x per day.  My last A1C was 5.9.

2.  A BG check when your feeling poorly and are not sure about things is
absolutely appropriate.

3.  There is no such thing as an oral insulin!!  Insulin is a hormone which
is destroyed by the gastric juices.  That is why we have to inject and
bypass the stomache.  Oral agents are for Type II's who secrete some of
their own insulin.

4.  Accurately set basals are the real key to excellent pump useage and
overall control.  Carb counting is never going to be dependable until the
basals are correct.  Your thinking in that regard is right, though if you
are suspending your basals very often I would suspect a downward adjustment
may be needed.

5.  You are not adding to anemia by pricking your fingers and using a "drop"
of blood....I don't care how often you are checking.

Please, please, for your own good, find another doctor, preferably one who
supports the pump.  Believe me, this guy is either trying to scare you or he
is truely stupid!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Warmest Regards,

Bud Hopper