RE: [IP] Having children diagnosed with D at young age

Lisette [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

>              No, they we not fasting sugars they where taken
> like 12:oo a.m.
> the reason why I took them is because she felt a little
> sweaty but like the
> kind of sweaty that I get when I am low but it turned out to
> be a little
> high.  I just took her bg and it's 110.  I just don't want to
> obsessed.  Her
> dad does not have it I'm the only one.

I suggest that you call her pediatrician and ask that she be tested using
one of the more rigorous tests (IOW, *NOT* a test done in the physician's
office - which will probably have the same precision as the meters you've
already used).  Make sure it's a fasting test.  If it's over 126 but under
200, the test should be repeated.  If the test is over 200, or over 126 on a
repeat test, that's diagnostic of DM.  Further tests would be needed to
determine if it's type 1 or type 2.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR