Re: [IP] Having children diagnosed with D at young age

Lisette,

Check out the Children With Diabetes website (www.childrenwithdiabetes.com).
I think you'll find a lot of comfort there if it turns out your daughter
does have D.  (Don't BUY trouble....wait til you find out for sure).  You'll
find out you're definately not alone.  There is one woman on our listserv
who is D and her only son is D.  They are both on the pump.

Best,

Jill Nystul
Mom to Kell, 6, dx'd 3/98,
Erik-12, Britta-10 and Sten-2 1/2
Wife to Dave

>        Hi everyone it's Lisette I'm get g a little freaked out because my
> daughter who has no diabetes bg was 171,161,141, with the fast take
monitor
> than 134 with the one touch profile.  I took her to her ped today and they
> did blood work and I have to get a urine sample and bring it back.  My
> daughter is only 2.5 and my endo said that she would probably not get it
> because I'm the only one in my family who has it but still.  I don't know
> what to do.  I'm scared I don't know if I'm over reacting, but It's bad
> enough I'm dealing with this, that's fine I've learned to deal with it but
> really don't think I can handle my only child dealing with this disease.
If
> anyone has young children with D please answer to this post and just tell
me
> how u get thru this and if your child is on the pump or not.  Right now
I'm