Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed Type 1 needs advice

  "Sara Johnson (Volt)" <email @ redacted> wrote:
DAWN GEORGE wrote:

"It took my doctors 20 years to diagnose me with type 1 diabetes."

I don't understand how you could have Type 1 diabetes for 20 years.
Your body cannot survive that long with NO insulin production (which is
what type 1 means). You likely had type 2 (some insulin production),
but if your body stops production completely then you would be
considered type 1.

-sara-
-Sara

      I know what I had.  My grandfather had diabetes.  My greatgrandma knew.  I quit production of insulin in 1995.  So yes I do have type 1.---------------------------------------------------------