Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed Type 1 needs advice

DAWN GEORGE <email @ redacted> wrote:

"It took my doctors 20 years to diagnose me with type 1 diabetes."

I don't understand how you could have Type 1 diabetes for 20 years.
Your body cannot survive that long with NO insulin production (which is
what type 1 means).  You likely had type 2 (some insulin production),
but if your body stops production completely then you would be
considered type 1.