[IP] on pump soon

Hi Beth,

Thanks for writing.  It was nice to meet you over the internet and to hear
of your similar story.  Do you have one child?  My biggest fear is that
Madeleine or Hugh (my children) should get diabetes.  5% chance.

Do you still work out?  I try to be more consistent with getting to the
gym, but admittedly, I don't get there as often as I should. I was hoping
to make it at least 3 times a week, but ... will have to try harder.

I go back to work on November 5th  (after 6 months of maternity
leave).  Although I will miss being with the "babes", work is good for me
(ie, satisfying). The pump, I'm sure, will be a good thing.  I am a general
internist now, and will be writing my hematology fellowship exam in one
year (postponed until then of course because of having my second child).

I went to med school in Newfoundland at the age of 30, after having been a
nurse for 6 years.  Caring for patients has certainly allowed me to witness
over and over again their strength, bravery and courage.  When I found out
about the diabetes I was shocked...but there are worse things.  In
fact,  after the World Trade Center/Pentagon tragedy, I'm reminded again of
how life is so fragile and beautiful.

It's an odd time for me to be writing (almost 4 am), but I was just up
feeding little Hugh.

Take care, Sharon

Sharon Morrin
47 Aleutian Road