[IP] Living *up to* statistics

Denise wrote:
>>>...I was also trying to convince myself. Because I have just about
reached the point where I am ready to give up...the only thing that keeps me
hanging on is if I do give up...what kind of lesson am I handing to my

They say suicide is contagious - even for the non DM world. A former member
of this list and many would remember if I cited an incident, recently was
found dead in his car - secreting himself in his trunk. Not only did he give
up, but left a wife who loves him and is grieving while taking care of a
baby, a pre-schooler, and a 6 yr old (also a DMer). What kind of legacy has
this left the 6 y/o? Such an impact on those kids anyway, but to know you
have the same thing that drove daddy to do this horrible act and seeing the
mommy so grieving, well ... it's just really so sad.

I praise the Lord He has blessed me with a sense of humor - but even today I
got tears welling up as I was walking an aisle in Kmart knowing probably
tomorrow I'll get a call setting the time for me to get a graft or a fistula
in my arm preparing me for dialysis sooner than I'd hoped for. I really
wanted to wait another 25 years or so. I saw the nephrologist today and my
HbA1c was 6.2. This has been kind of consistent since I've been on the 'net
the last 2.5 yrs. Wish I knew how to pump properly as techniques advanced
the first 16 yrs. of pumping and someone had cared about my control the 33
years before that. Who knows how much better off I'd be?

Right now I don't know how I would handle my life without a pump. YMMV (~_^)

And a side note to Cherry - You are loved too much by your parents - I'm not
loved enough. Mine are still alive (85 & 86) who live 2500 miles apart (from
each other) and they don't associate with me at all. I don't know which is
worse - too much love or too little?

I have to laugh - it's too easy to cry at the type of an @.