Re: [IP] Re: Pump & Weight Loss

In a message dated 09/24/2001 4:04:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
<< Re: [IP] Re: Pump & Weight Loss >>
Yes, Heather I have been going thru the same thing for the last couple of
weeks including weight gain. If it is not unexplained highs it is vicious
lows. I got home from the E.R. at 4 this morning, That was after the rescue
squad was called back here 30 mins after they left the first time. I went
from 27 up to 120 while they were here. They were very concerned about my
heart and its erratic behavior, but I was able to get them to leave me here
promising to go to the doctor in the morning. Well, thirty minutes later my
husband called them back and they were loading me on a gurney when I came to.
This time I did not even bother to argue.  I had eaten an hour before this
happened and bolused the proper amount. They said that when they got here I
was vomiting all over the place (that was obvious looking at me). This is why
they were concerned about a possible heart attack. I spent five hours in the
hospital which did nothing except raise my bs so high that when I got home my
meter would not even register. They still think making me eat a "snack" at
the same time they are pumping me full of Dextrose is the answer. Well, it is
not. I have now spent the day trying to get my BS down and stay down. A
wasted sick day from work.
I have only been on the pump since June and for the most part love it, but my
poor husband is now experiencing things he has never had to before. We must
just be patient and keep plugging along. In the end it is worth it..
Maribeth Hughes