[IP] low blood sugars AAAArGGGHH!!

In a message dated 9/24/01 4:05:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< low blood sugars AAARGGGGHHH!!! >>

Hang in there.   You can live with diabetes, it is a difficult thing to live
with, believe me.  My husband of 20 years has had diabetes for 32 years.
First thing is to make sure is that your friends and family know how to treat
low blood sugars and what you may do or what it looks like, what kind of
symptoms you have (some people don't know) and always have something in the
house for low blood sugars, maybe even an emergency Glucagon kit for those
really lows.   My husband can go into the 20s and teens without warning at
all.  Scarey thing, but you deal with it as it comes.  In fact my husband
just had an insulin reaction last night at 1:30 (about 30), woke up with a 40
this morning and then had a severe reaction around noon today where I had to
come home from work and give him a glucagon shot.   Thankfully, he had enough
of mind to call my mother and she told him to drink some juice right away.
When I got home, he was fairly alert, but having fallen quite badly before I
had gotten there.   You really need to talk with your dad.   Explain to him
that these insulin reactions or low blood sugars really take it out of you.
They do on most diabetics, sometimes may take a couple of days to catch up.

I sure hope all goes well with you and your family.  It sounds like you are
under quite a bit of stress, which can also affect your blood sugars, up and
down.   Be careful and always have something on hand.    That is rule number

Wendy Nixon, Paradise, CA