[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #457

Can anyone help me please?  I am an insulin pumper and have had to get off of
the pump twice in the last 6 months because of site problems.  I just got off
again last nite for the same reason.  I will have been on the pump for 2
years in October.  Anyway, my problem is the sites themselves.  I have even
gone as far as changing insulins and that does not work.  I use Humalog in
the pump.  I have tried the abdomen, arm and hip site areas and the same
problem always comes back.  The problem is this:  after inserting the needle
it usually begins to hurt right away.  Sometimes it goes away but then comes
back towards the end of the three day run.  It hurts to even lightly touch
the pump site and hurts more sometimes when actually doing a bolus.    I have
been using the Quick-set but before that used the Soft-set.  I use the short
needle with the Quick-set.  The pain still remains the same.  And, to top it
all off I have the very beginnings of gastroparesis and really need the pump.
 I do so much better on it than I do with just injections.  I have Type I
diabetes and have been a diabetic for 33 years.  I would love to hear from
ANYONE who might shed some light on this.  Please e-mail me anytime.  Thank
you from the bottom of my heart.