Go to www.insure.com to see if they address your situation. Or call the state
insurance commissioner's office and ask about continuing coverage. You can
get numbers (and maybe more info) at www.healthinsuranceinfo.net.

Jan and Elvis

In a message dated 9/24/01 5:36:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I received the Sept/Oct '01 issue of Diabetes Self-Management and they have
 an article on insurance. The COBRA part also states "COBRA makes no
 provision for the contuation of coverage if the employer cancels the group
 plan. Obviously, if an employer discontinues the master group policy, there
 is no way an indivdual subscriber can maintain coverage under it."
 My Q - how would we know, if we are on COBRA, that the employer discontinued
 group coverage and still collected our premiums? Any way to cover our
 interests on this to protect ourselves? I'm not saying the boss would do
 that - but ya never know. I have watched Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown. ;)
 He applied elsewhere last spring and was recently called for an interview,
 then a 5-hr. test, and today a drug test and interview. The last interviewer
 knows us as Toastmasters and said he'd put in a good word. That won't buy
 Rx's and -ologists' visits, however, to cover any gap. (~_^) >>