Re: [IP] Newly diagnosed Type 1 needs advice

Hi, and Welcome to the List.
>My endo does not like the idea of me
> having the injection site for my pump on my thighs, especially because I've
> been doing a lot of walking and plan on starting training for an AIDS ride
> shortly.  I would love to hear ideas from other tall, scrawny athletic types
> on this list.
Though not on the scrawny side, I do use my thighs.  I ride a bike to work 3
days a week (about 4m each way) and am on my feet for the entire day.  I
have not found there to be any 'extra' sensitivity with insulin absorption
with these sights. However YMMV (Your Milage May Vary).
> Also, I have been having tons of problems with my vision (floaters, blurred
> edges, and *really* splitting headaches) and have seen an opthamologist who
> said I should wait 3 months before getting new glasses because that's how
> long it will take for my vision to stabilize.
When I was diagnosised about 15y ago, I did not wait for a new eye glass
scrip.  About 45 days later I was back for a new scrip as my eyes indeed had
adjusted to the lower Bg, and stabilized.  I'd wait.
Frank W. Tegethoff, Jr.
DCCT Control Group, MM507