[IP] experience with burns on abdomen?

Yesterday afternoon something fell from the cupboard, hitting and breaking
the teapot that I had just filled with boiling water, causing a bad burn all
across my lower abdomen.  My set was luckily inserted above the waist,
although it did fall off during the evening (I caught it right away) -- even
IV3000 tape doesn't hold up to boiling water.  I spent about 15 minutes in
the bathroom putting cold water on it, and then wore an ice pack across it
during the rest of the wedding shower I was hosting --some party activities
are just hard to plan for :-).  Anyway, since I now have lots of blisters and
a substantial area that has lost a layer of skin, I am heading off to the
doctor soon (I called the advise nurse at Blue Cross and she instructed me to
tell them I should be seen within 6 hours).

The affected area, of course, covers most of my favorite insertion sites, so
I am really interested in healing quickly.  Has anyone had experience with
burns in insertion areas?  Any tips?

Linda Z