[IP] Re: I want to go to war but I'can't why diabetes(A RESPONSE)

 >> The average life expectancy of insulin-dependent diabetics, diagnosed
 >> before
 >> the age of 30, has been reported as 29 years, with over half failing to
 >> reach 50 years of age.

 > This is hogwash! I was diagnosed at the age of 15 months and given the fact
 > that I am now 36 proves this to be wrong! And I am pretty certain I can
 > hang in there for at least 14 more years if not longer!!!!

Because you happened to have outlasted the average does not 'prove' the
it's wrong or is hogwash.  It's wrong because it's outdated, not because
you're still alive.  Whenever there is any kind of average, median, mean,
etc. there MUST be some that are on either side of the statistic.  I will
guess that we will not hear from many of the dm'ers that died within 10
years.  When the stats were researched (50's, 60's ?) it was probably
pretty close to a bell curve with some not making it very long (not
diagnosed quickly, poor care, luck, etc.) and some lasting to old age with
few complications and unrelated modes of passing.

We should all be more concerned with what the DCCT found about tight
control and make conscientious efforts to lengthen the average life
expectancy of dm'ers, by living long.  I would guess that those statistics
would still be viable for a population of dm'ers that do not use the most
up to date methods of dm care (pumps, bg testers, etc.), as many have
stated.  There will always be those that refuse to take care of their
cancer, cardiac, dm, etc.

I plan to live forever.  So far so good.

Jack email @ redacted
Please watch for the missing, especially my son.
I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make
me happy.
  - J.D. Salinger