Re: [IP] units/ml

For clarification, Isn't U100 insulin more concentrated than U40 or
U80? I use a U500 and use a 1 unit (of the U500) is equal to 5
units (of U100) insulin. Minimed is said to be coming out with a
U300 that is 3x the strength of U100 insulin. I believe that the
higher the number the more concentrated the insulin.
Gail

in the U100 insulin which is what we currently have in the US your
conversions are correct. However, other countries may still have U40 or U80,
which means 40 or 80 units per ml. Eventually in the US we may have more
concentrated insulin.

Anne Geller RN