Re: [IP] pregnancy, pumping and weight gain

Hi Shannon,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy.  I have two kids, so I know how things
get when you're pregnant.  With my last pregnancy, I started off overweight,
and so my endo wanted me to make certain that I didn't gain too much weight
during my pregnancy.  I was terrified that I couldn't do that, but in the
end, I only managed to gain 19.25 pounds.  The suggestion I have for you, is
to make sure that you aren't eating excessively.  I found frequent small
meals were much more tolerable by my stomach and bloodsugars then larger
ones.  You said the nutritionist has you eating 3 meals and 3 snacks while
pregnant, and I would ask why so much.  Yes, you need to feed a growing baby,
but you don't need excess.  Additional advice I'd give you is to eat low fat
snacks and healthy snacks such as pretzels and yogurt.  Fresh fruit is also
good.  Just remember to keep it simple.
dx 3-13-81
pump 12-28-85