Re: [IP] What is the 24 hr acting insulin that starts with an "L"?

The 24-hour acting insulin that you referred to is called "Lantus."  It
supposedly takes 24 hours to "kick in", but my Doc says - it doesn't "peak"
like the NPH does, and he has lots of patients on it.  He prefers it over
the pump.  Just FYI.  I don't know why anyone would use it with the pump -
it's long-term insulin, rather than quick-acting.  Just my humble opinion.